Friday, July 09, 2010

Wedding Dresses are Awesome!

So today I was meant to wear my wedding dress to work... but I didn't. Turns out I can't fit it any more.

I was meant to wear it for a radio competition that was celebrating brides and how they buy an awesome dress then only get to wear it once. What a mean (as not good) competition! I know there are plenty of other brides who've put on some happy fat since becoming married and thought
"That sounds awesome! I'll slip it on." and then went on to find they'd gained a bit more than thought.

To set the record straight I was close to, so close in fact I thought I could've got there if I'd had say a week more warning. But alas I didn't and so today, Brides Day, I am wearing my work uniform like the sad little shame I am.

But there are still people wearing their wedding dress with pride to day. I've seen one such person who had the pleasure of having only gotten married around three months ago.

Unfortunately it does happen though. You get married and you're happy so you gain weight. I think it's to prevent yourself from looking elsewhere which is why celebrities are always bed jumping. Apparently though according to my mother for women at least it's my(your) body preparing for babies. Well my body can piss off for a good 5 to 10 years thank you!

So it looks like I won't win the free trip to Hawaii but I'm still going to try and just send in a picture of me at home with the dress "on" and hope for the best. I leave you with a picture of what the dress does look like when on properly.

No comments: